Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Married for One Month!!! How Time Flys!!


Today, marks the One Month Anniversary of when I married the love of my life, Rebecca. It doesn't seem like it has already been a month and yet so much has happened in the last year and half. We still have so much more ahead of us. When I think about how much my life has changed I'm just amazed. Everything I've always longed for....a loving woman to call my wife, a home and a chance to build a family have all come true in the last 18 months all because I found Rebecca. It's amazing how completely I am in love with her.


We finally got the proofs from out wedding photos and I'll post a few of them with this blog entry. There are a lot of pictures. Nearly 300!!!! We've asked our photographer to post them on-line so those of you out of state have a chance to see them or order copies if you want. They really turned out great. She's in the process of having some work done on her site and once she gets the pictures on there we will let everyone know.




We had a great honeymoon in Cozumel, except for incidents on the day we left that Rebecca has already told you about. We're now settling into life as husband and wife. The house is taking up a lot of our free time right now. Had some work done on the roof and have had new gutters put in. Who knew you could get do excited about new gutters!!! Bought some new furniture from IKEA; though we've discovered Becca finds the store a bit too overwhelming. Now we are trying to get our neglected yard in shape. Becca is busy planting and I've been mowing and now trying to get the sprinklers working. Already discovered one busted pipe and I know there are at least two busted sprinkler heads. Plans are for some painting over the holiday weekend. There always seems to be something to do. Welcome the joys of home ownership!!! I really do enjoy the house and the animals all seem to be adjusting, well almost. We're having a little issue with Isabella the cat using the litter box. Hopefully our latest steps will get that worked out. Emma really enjoys her yard and Olivia, the other cat seems to like the new neighborhood as well. We must also say a big thank you to Rebecca's parents who have given us some of their old patio furniture for the backyard and bought some flowers and shrubs for us to plant.


I wanted to also say a very big "THANK YOU" to our wedding party. On Rebecca's side was her sister Sarah as the Maid of Honor. Sarah also did a tremendous amount of work helping with wedding and words just can't thank her enough. Bridesmaids were sister-in-law Sydney and friends Tiffani and Audrey. On me side was my Best Man, my cousin from Illinois Brad. Groomsmen were Masonic brothers Jeff Brooks and David Brown and my fraternity brother from college Paul Brady. Many of them traveled from far and wide to be there and we greatly appreciate it. Here's a picture of the wedding party in all our glory.



Our wedding day wouldn't have been what it was without everyone who came and shared in our day!! Next up is our baby boy who is scheduled to make his arrival in just a couple of months!!! We can't wait!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment