Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My sweet tooth...

For the first time in my life, I crave sweets. Lots of them. All the time. I ate a 6 lb bag of gummy bears (not all at once, but still...). The other day Scott and I went for frozen yogurt. I finished that, then we stopped for more on the way home. I ate pie for dinner last night. And cookie dough. I want hot fudge sundaes and caramel sauce.


For those of you who know me, you know this is highly unusual. While I've always enjoyed sweets, I never craved them, and always consumed them moderately. Growing up, my mom would throw away my Halloween candy at Christmas, my Christmas candy at Easter, my Easter candy at Halloween. I never finished it. Now I wish I had saved every piece. mmmmm...

We had another ultrasound today, to check on Baby Cameron's growth. Other than being a little thin, he looks great. Look how beautiful he is!

I'm in the 3rd trimester now, coming down the home stretch. It's still not real to me that Scott and I are going to be parents. Even at this point, I'm just cautiously optimistic that things will turn out well. I'm scared to hope, even though I know this pregnancy is progressing normally.

Scott and I have made an exciting purchase...a LAWNMOWER!!! Romantic, eh? Our yard appears to have been neglected for a long time, and I think we have a lot of work ahead of us to get it under control. We're just trying to do a little bit at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment