Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another update!

Scott and I went in for an ultrasound yesterday, and Baby Cam seems to be falling further behind. When we discovered the problem at my 27 week ultrasound, his abdominal circumference was in the 15th percentile, but yesterday measured only in the 1st. His overall size was in the 40th percentile, but yesterday was only the 12th. They estimated his weight at 4 lbs, 11 oz., with a possible variance of half a pound either direction. My placenta seems to be failing. The good news is that he is still very active (Scott has decided he's a place kicker) and he has plenty of fluid around him.
I was hoping to get him to at least 6 pounds, but we may not quite make it.
Scott and I attend childbirth classes every week, wondering if each class will be our last. Will we even need the breathing techniques, or will he do a c-section?
And in the end, none of that matters. We just want him here.

No comments:

Post a Comment